Thursday, January 26, 2012
Inspiration
People looking for inspiration and motivation to make a better self.
I have to tell I am lucky that I am inspired and motivated by people around me.
The Japanese, ,the students in my class, the baseball players, the cute and pretty little girls in my dormitory,
the seniors and of course, my lectures.
My Thursday is unlike other days, because I finish my class at 12pm(for other weekdays, classes usually ends at 4 or 6pm). I was thinking of skipping the class today,to have my free time longer. But I didnt, and I am grateful for that,because I didnt miss out what he told us today.
At the end of the class, he said, as humans, we are born to think. Because we are capable of thinking which make us different from other animals. To prove that Human cant stop thinking, he did an experiment on us. He ask us to make our mind blank for 30 seconds.Class went into silence for 30seconds. and he said:'' our brain cant stop working.Your brain responded to the sound I made by moving just a little.You wondered what others were thinking during the silence. You heard the voice of teaching in the next classroom.''
and then he added one evidence,that prove that human cant stop from thinking. He in Buddhism, to reach Zen(禅),a level of letting the words,ideas, images,and thoughts pass by without getting involved in them,a monk need to go through the seated meditation(Zazen/座禅), which means, one cannot get all their thoughts easily without going through the Zazen, which usually takes months for that.
I was stunned and couldnt agree more.
My lecturer said, young people nowadays tend to stop thinking,resulted from the schedule packed with thing-to-do. They concern and worry about tasks, job, assignment, money..so busy that young people dont think and concern about the community,the world, the happenings and the future. When people stop thinking and unconcern about things around us, it is a thing to be very much worried. He gave another example: driving a car by just focusing the car in front, overlooking or neglected cars from sides,behind and blind spot, is very very dangerous.
That people nowadays are busy,is a fact, but at least, take a little time out of your time, to think look farther, to look wider, to think deeper will make changes.
Again,I couldnt agree more.
History of Interaction among Asia(アジア交流史) was a very boring class,not only to me, also the other classmates. for half year, students sleeping and doing other assignments in his class. Some even chatted loudly, ignoring his existent. But sometimes, I like his class.=)
So young people, broaden your view, get out of the box. For your own good, also the people,the future. who knows, you might contribute to the next generations??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment