Pages

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

除夕-Lunar New Year Eve




This is the third year that I couldn't make to celebrate the Lunar New Year at home. But it is not so miserable and upsetting comparing to the first time. Gathered some friends to have a steamboat, to welcome the new year together. on Lunar New year, we believe that wearing red brings luck, but I wore black that day. luckily have my colourful scarf to make it not so dull. XD

The place we went was at Sugamo, 10minutes from Shinjuku Station by train. A place famous with Jizou(地菩薩) and Duck? hahaha. 

The Shopping Street in Sugamo, just right in front of the Sugamo Station.
Shops closed when we get there, around 6pm. Very early!

Mongolian Steamboat for the reunion dinner!





From Left: Komatsu(Japanese), Me(Malaysian), Satu(Finnish)

From LEft: Chen Zhun(malaysian), TJ(Malaysian), Gladys(Filipino)

People with various countries, background and age gather together, had fun!
Lunar New Year means a lot to Chinese people, as it brings friends and family together on a table, which we call it reunion. This year, the definition of reunion actually brought me and her relationship into a cold war. colder than the historical one, or may be broke. I am not sure.our friendship have been in a critical condition and fell out many times before this. And this time, disputation on the definition of reunion dinner, drew our friendship fell into even worst condition. I am lost in this situation and I couldnt do anything except running away from solving the problem. yeah, I know you would say:"you should not run away but try to solve thing instead." But honestly, I am not sure anymore.
But anyway, and overall, i still enjoyed the party that night. Sorry I sounded upsetting at the end of the post. Hope you have enjoyed the new year no matter you are home or not. and if you are not celebrationg Lunar New Year, you can google for more about how we celebrates it! =)
Happy new year everyone, no matter what color is your skin,where you from..

No comments: