Pages

Monday, February 11, 2013

Spain Cuisine Amapola @ Yebisu


Weather today,10C is enough to say warm as it is still winter in Japan. My friend and I planned to go Yebisu to grab a glass of the famous Yebisu Beer. But first thing to do is heal our stomachs first. Because we woke up like 10 in the morning, and left the dorm without taking breakfast. Stomachs was playing drum! 

Scrolled down the serach reasults in HotPepper, and I found this Spanish restaurant, called Restaurante Amapola. It was 5 minutes walking distance from east exit of Yebisu Station along the main road, but, again, I used 15 minutes to find it out as usual. hahah. Okay, I really tried my best on map! but everytime I go to the wrong direction. I cant help it! (._.!)
This is my first time stepping into a Spanish restaurant, not to mention this is also my first time trying Spain cuisine, on my new year. Yeap, today is Lunar new year.which more billions of people are celebrating globally.This year, I had a special celebration although I am far from my family( See this post). 


Opening up the menu, my friend suggested  to take half decanter of Sangria. So it came out in a jar like this (o.O) a little disappointment on the jar and glasses and also the Sangria. It tasted like wine  (or it was supposedly to have taste like wine??)


I ordered for Holiday Lunch Set, costed arounf JPY1600, with soup of the day, tapas, appetizer ,paella, dessert and drinks.


They had more than 3 types of tapas and I chose Spanish omelet ( I love eggs). I think it is like japanese tamagoyaki with some spinach and bacon inside. but it tasted good. =) like it! The dressing of the salad was new to me too.


Steeping bread in olive oil!!! one word, NICE!


Chicken Paella with Avocado.. 


and dessert!










Since we started our day quite late today, and we gave up on visiting the Beer Museum in Yebisu , also gave up going to GInza which is listed in our original plan. However, it was already 4pm when we finished our lunch( or Brunch) haahah. so, we went to odaiba only.
and I found out one nice American restaurant in Odaiba! I really like it very very much. Please visit my blog again for the next entry about the American restaurant!


Lastly, with my picture of the day!!!hehehehe xoxo



No comments: