Pages

Monday, April 22, 2013

I am an undergraduate !大学生になった!

"ENTRANCE CEREMONY
UNIVERSITY OF TSUKUBA"
 Marks the beginning of another stage in my life.
Finally, I become an undergraduate! should had style up my hair for this special day!!
Hello!!! It has been a month I haven't updated my blog! As you can see, I just started my new life in Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan. Tsukuba is a city located north to Tokyo, 45min distance from Tokyo by Tsukuba Express train. And I came to Tsukuba, because I have just entered the University if Tsukuba!! If you have been following my blog, I passed the entrance exam last summer, and after half year, I am officially become the student here!
 I couldn't wait for this day to come to be honest. I have been longing to start a life as an undergraduate student. First day, with suit on, attended the ceremony alone. But I know my family always with me, and I was proud to walk in alone.It was 8th April 2013, early spring in Japan. but it was a warm day and most of the sakura had fallen by that time.
The ceremony didn't take much time.It ended in an hour. But I was stunned with the grand hall, great atmosphere, professional performances from the university. I am touched even until now.
And I know, I am in the best university.
If you search for the history if University of Tsukuba, It was a university of education,and the first president was Mr. Jigoro Kano, the founder of Judo.(The man statue in the picture below is Mr.Jigoro Kano.)
There are a lot of things special about the university. And I kind of fallen in love with the word TSUKUBA.

I really didnt expect myself to be able to come here, and be a student of University of Tsukuba.
I promised myself, I am going to fulfill this opportunities by being active and try my best here.
recently, I have been joining a lot of parties, met a lot of people and I realized a lot of things.
Every little steps, every little braveness actually could bring you a new opportunity, no matter small or large.
I create my opportunity, not wait for the chance.
If you long for one thing, it's not sure you will get it; but if you never thought about it, you will never get it.

Mountain people mountain sea. they are all new entering students with their parents. 

Outside the ceremony hall.

waiting for the ceremony to start on the hall.

(Left)Orientation guide booklet.(right) Speech from President of Tsukuba University,written in both Japanese and English.

Orchestra?? for the starting of the ceremony. How grand. I was really stunned with this.

Second shot.

Imagine the Future, the prospective of University of Tsukuba. They have song with this title too!
(lyrics and music by the students of the university)

Welcome address from the President of the university.

The president of University of Tsukuba, Mr.Kyosuke Nagata, accompanied by the heads of faculties.

Finally, presentation of the song "Imagine the Future' by the students.

Look pro ! btw, it was a nice song!!

At night, the clubs and circles were promoting their clubs from morning until night, to get new students enter their group. And guess wjhat? this continues for more than one moth. they call it 新歓.


Posters of clubs pasted on notification board in the compound of student dormitory.

My student ID.  =) Purple for Tsukuba university!

and these are what I got from the orientation. Guidance, syllabus, Life guidance, activitiies clubs etc! 
Lastly, congratulation to myself for stepping into another stage of my life!
I wish for your best too!
Till then!

No comments: