Pages

Friday, September 13, 2013

First Part Time Job

Finally, I got myself a part time job after thinking about finding one for years. I thought I can learn something from doing part time. I also wanted to do something else other than studying everyday. For the past 23 years, I helped my parents in their grocery shops and I thought that would make me tougher to overcome all the obstacle in part time job. But I guess I was wrong. Working for your parents and working for others is totally a different experience. I used to work in the counter in my parents' shop, and I was proud with my ability in using the cash machine. But working in McD is totally different.There are lots of menu to be remember and everything have to be very very fast. 

I applied for a part time job in a McD near my place in Tsukuba. 5min of cycling distance is quite near to my place and I decided to work there because I have a friend working there. McD has a very funny video for part-timer recruitment ,the Dancing McCrew video below!!


From the application to the recruitment, I took about 1 month. I remember applying for the job through McD's homepage and I went to interview, then submitted in my contract and I was handed my new uniform.... The uniform was renewed last July.They are mostly dark blue and black. We have blue short sleeves shirt, a pair of black jeans, a cap and an apron!

Welcome notes and some guidance from McD! How warming!

My uniform.. it came in a set with a cap, an apron, a pair of M marked jeans and a short sleeves McD shirt. 
 The first and second day were training days. I was train by a very small and kind lady,Fukuda-san. She teaches me everything politely with smile. I am glad that she's my trainer! On the first day, I was taught how to clean up the hall, and powder room, then how to make drinks. Making drinks sounds easy but for a beginner like me, there were too many things to remember!
The second day, I was taught to take order from the customers. I was super duper nervous in front of the customers. But I was lucky that most of them were kind and understanding. Oly a few that made some scary face when I did wrong on the orders. hahaha..

Tomorrow will be my third working day. wish me luck on learning a new thing! perhaps practice on the order taking part, and then may be proceed to burger making?? heheh. cant wait to learn how to fry french fries, my favorite food!!!


Me in the uniform!


2 comments: