The Japanese call it 五月病or literally May Syndrome.
People feel tired and fed up with life routine, stressed up with their responsibilities etc after the Golden Week(GW) .If you know Japan well, they have one week public holiday once in a year, to celebrate Showa Day(29 April)Constitution Memorial Day(3 May), Greenery Day(4 May) and Children`s Day(5 May).
April is the beginning of one term,students get into new school, graduates step into their first work place etc, because April indictates spring,the first season out of the four. And just about one month after the begining of EVERYTHING, there is this Golden Week.the week that everybody looking forward to the most! For students like me, we go travelling, meeting friends etc. but not all of us could. So pity my junior have to stay in her room, finishing up her report which had to be handed in once school reopen. hahaha..Some even have part time jobs tighly packed in their schedule to earn more money for their school fees.
Well, for me, I went to a gathering, where the juniors and seniors of my program come gather at a place. It was a place call Ootizawa Youth Center(大地沢青少年センター), in Machida(町田),
30min train-distance from the place I staying.We had games, pillow talks, food, and BBQ!!! So regret that I didnt take any pictures there. I dont have camera!! may be i should buy a new camera, so that I can update my blog more often.(excuse for not uppdating my blogXD). I always look forward to meeting seniors and juniors during this time once in a year, because I like meeting the new faces from Malaysia, and seeing the `old` faces.
Back to the title of this post, May syndrome. I think I am having this syndrome now. back from the gathering, I did only sleeping but no others. I was suppose to be studying like a good girl, but I slept and watched TV instead. wasting time rolling on my bed. Then school reopened yesterday. To-do-list was blank not until I realised that too much pending tasks that hidden in my mind for 4 days is overflowing in my head.
overflow overflow, and I began to worry and panic. Too panic that I couldnt calm down, even broke off in front of my dad. sorry papa,mama and sis for making you worry!
She told me that this is the time i have to learn handling hard feelings and see the condition without fear. She told me go step by step, listing down all the to-do-task on a paper, not in the mind.
Then I realised things wasnt that complicated as i thought. Panic just make things no good but worst.
Learn and grow.
argh, i realised I didnt explain much on the definition of May Syndrome. hahah. search the web yourself la, hahahah,.
Till then!
suddenly have some new resolutions in my mind.so i write it down here.
1. Be humble
2. Not self-centred anymore
3. better English and Japanese proficiency
4.
5.
6.
more to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment