Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Nagano: Indicating the beginning of March; the starting of laboratory life

1st March, I had a three days trip Nagano(長野) for an study on a microscopy technique, the TEM(Transmission Electronic Microscope) which I have to master this for my research this year. So, this was the main purpose we wen to Nagano College of Technology to meet Mr Oshida, who is using TEM for his research too.My research is about Carbon, or mainly graphite intercalation compound. It is difficult just like how it sounds. haha.
 Hmm, since we semangat go to Nagano from Tokyo, we made use of the chance by travelling around Nagano too. I like Japan, because the scenery here is so nice, that I wish I were a painter, that I could draw them on papers, and keep it with me. I wish I were a professional photographer,that every picture of the scenery Were nicely taken. Well, I still dont have my own camera and could only capture using my iPhone. 

Nagano was a nice place. crowded city, but not hectic as Tokyo. 
#1 an Ashiyu(足湯) in at the platform of a station. 
#2 電子情報工学科,which is Electronic Information Engineering in direct translation.Mr Oshida is with this  department
#3 Taken this picture rigth before Mr Oshida opened his door, terkejut me!
#4 the two girls are my lab-mates while the handsome looking guy is the prof, in the building of Nagano Kosen,waiting for Mr Oshida

  Talking about Nagano, Zenko-Ji is a must-go-place.
#5 The long path viewed from top of the entrance of the temple

#6 zenko-Ji 

#7 shops long the path to the main hall of the temple

#7 Oyaki( お焼き) is famous in Nagano. It looks like chai kui yang digoreng, instead of kuchai, they had radish, fried vegetables, red beans and apple inside.it tasted totally different! Chai kueh taste 100 times nicer.well. the apple one is nice too, but still cant be compared with malaysian Chai kueh hahahah. 

#8 Japanese style post office.


# 9 railways viewed from Obasute station

#10 another view of railway. It snowed in the morning the day before.

#11 went to Matsumoto castle

#12 found this tree interesting.it has a BIG tummy like my papa! haha. well, they filled the empty trunk with cement  to preserve the old tree.=)

#13 one of the oldest building in Japan, the  開智旧学校 which was built in 18century

#14 s street very obviously haha, forgot what It called.

#15 凹凸堂 interesting name, hahaa
# 16 Obasute station姨捨駅


#17 Inariyama station, the nearest station to My friend's grandparents' house.

#18 wearing hanten(袢纏) to keep us warm in theh winter of Nagano, which usually goes below 0degree.
grandmama insisted me to wear it although I said I wasnt cold. haha.

#19 cheese!!! 

#20 picture taken in front of their house before leaving 

#21 in front if Inariyama station.

#22 a very old train stoppping

#23 picture not in the right order, but well, this is the main destination of the three days trip 

#24 lunch in a shop in Gondo street

#25 See our prof? then you will know why we like him much.haha

#26 camwhore along the street of Nagano city! it is a Kabuki buiding behind us

#27 corner museum

#28 Zenko-Ji


#29 zenko-ji again

#30 zenko-ji again!!!

#31 stupid pose

#32 finally found a good tool that four of us can take a picture together. haha

#33 Nomikai after the TEM study in Nagano Kosen, all the 5 men are lecturers

#34 in an express train back to Tokyo

#35 view of Nagano city from Obasute staion

#36 we went there on 3rd march!

#37

#38 Matsumoto castle

#39 Matsumoto castle

#40開智学校

#41 

#42

No comments: