Pages

Sunday, July 21, 2013

The weekend

 The 8th ASEAN Festival held in Roppongi yesterday. It has been a while for me to join such event since I left MSAJ this January. The ASEAN Festival is an event orginized by the Asean Youth Network in Japan, and it combines the 10 Asean countries , including Japan. This event is held every year during this time.
The Malaysian wear Fashion Show (photo from Facebook MSAJ) 

In this post,unfortunately I am not telling you about this event because I didnt take much picture of the event , and I didn't really see the whole event as I had fashion show practice and also talked to my friends whom i havent met for months! :p

Friends and juniors that I havent met for months! :) (photo credited to Natasha)

 I volunteered myself to be the model for MSAJ during the Fashion show session of the event after seeing the model recruiting page from MSAJ Facebook page.

the models

I was wearing indian race's wear, called salwar i guess. haha. Muguthan, my partner on the left!




I realized that I dont know mich about my country, Malaysia. the clothes that were shown during the event, i dont know what they call. haha! too bad. 
It reminds me of a lot of things the three years in Tokyo.

I remember I was one of the members of the Malaysian organizing committee and was in charged in recruiting models for this session, with Jun hao, TJ ,Siriphong and Nazaruddin last time. I asked around and begged friends to be the models last time using SMS, personal Facebook page etc. searched for dancing couch and a lot. social network was the key of making the preparation going smoothly. 

But this year, the organizer for fashion show , Fish Siah, had really great social network I guess. She and her partner Zed wisely made use of the Facebook page to promote the model recruitment and they actually managed to get models from different races, nationality and skin colors. There were Malaysians chinese, Malays, Indian, Japanese, and also African!!! and they also managaed to borrow malayaian traditional clothes from the Tourism Malaysia!( we had only baju kebaya, cheongsam and baju kurung back in the days.) I learned a lot from fish this time. Efficiency and network is important!
 Fish, giving a briefing to the models before the rehearsal. 
Practice posing. (Picture by Syakir)

Lastly, the main thing I wanted to tell through this post is about how I felt after this event. I realized that I love the feeling of making one event success with a team of people (even though I wasn't in the organizing team this year, but just contributed by walking on the stage) I enjoy the atmosphere when one group of people being joyous about the same one thing, especially on a thing resulted from hard works. I enjoyed the moment working on some project in one team. 
I guess I like working in a team. 
Contributing my little ability behind the stage is satisfying too. 

But when I say this, i realised too that I didnt really committed 100% in organizinv the Career Fair in the last 3 years. I found it stressful and mendokkusai sometimes. May be I have to re-evaluate my ability in teamwork. :) 
I was asked if I am willing to be the coordinator of MSAJ Career Fair again bect year, and i said NO! because I dont have the confidence that I can handle it. 
Its time to make decision again: to take the challenge or stay in my comfort zone.
thank you MSAJ and AYNJ for the great event! 
On the real stage. (Picture by Syakir)




No comments: